I very often write about Disability on Twisted Paths. I have deep interests in the realms of Disability Education, Disability Rights, and Workforce (Re)Integration. I have a Bachelor of Science and Master’s of Education degrees in Special Education, and in the future, I hope to work in the field of Adaptive Technology, integrating technology with education.
Navigating this world as a person with disabilities or caretaker is, needless to say, very difficult. Our lives and experiences are most often left in the dark, because popular culture doesn’t like the story of an “incurable.”
This blog is my little corner of the web where I talk about disability, my life, and the realities of living in an Ableist World as a Disabled Person.
#MyBrainInjuryJourney is a series of posts recounting my experiences following my Craniotomy, and the resulting Brain Injury. I have been an AVM Survivor since December 2011.
Disability and Me
I personally identify as a person with multiple Invisible Disabilities.
Diagnoses that I had in the past:
Arteriovenous Malformation, Seizure Disorder,
Non-Epileptic Seizure Disorder, Akathisia,
Bipolar Disorder, Clinical Depression
(mostly directly associated with AVMs or the Brain Injury resulting from removal of AVMs)
Posts under “Disability”
- 2018: The Year of Unexpected Beginnings
- On Facing Death, 7 Years Later
- How Netflix’s “Afflicted” harms us
- I challenged myself to exercise before work for a week
- Five for Your Eyes – 006
- I’m a Writer at the INSIDER!
- Five For Your Eyes – 005
- #DigitalNomad: 20+ Websites to Find Remote Work
- The Bridge, the Walk, the Beach: Week in San Francisco
- Five For Your Eyes – 002
- April Nineteenth Two Thousand Eleven
- Behind the “Picture-Perfect”
- Five for Your Eyes – 001
- New Year’s Reflection: Slow Down
- Baby’s First Ever #Hackathon!
- On Accepting my Mortality at 22 – #AVMAwareness
- My Summer Reflections: Decluttering, #100DaysOfCode, Arthritis, and Chemo
- TechInclusion 2017: My First Tech Conference
- #100DaysOfCode Challenge
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Why I’m Taking a Chemo Drug
- Organizing with Brain Injury
- Our March for Brain Injury Awareness
- A Lesson in Slowing Down
- What is Executive Function Disorder?
- My Lost “Motivation.”
- My Mindset Challenge for Positivity
- Photographic Journey of Brain Surgery Recovery